Wednesday, April 7, 2010

7/30

Ok this is hard. I'm not sure I can continue this with its original intent. Might have to put in a few older, themed poems in here or give up. I'm not happy with what I'm doing.

Severe Warning, He Watches

You see in peripherals, practically looking behind you when you walk
Do you want to remember where you've been so much you do not want to see
where you are going?
Do you flap your arms to create thunder or to calm the hailstorm in your brain?
Do you see ghosts in the breaks between lightning flashes?
Sunshine inside of every drop when the rain falls sideways
Do your words appear in the branches that are blown to the ground

You are still when the sound of the crack makes the walls jump
The low rumbles in the distance energize you
There's a radar in your head that senses its arrival and departure
A barometer that determines when you will sleep
What appears out of your window is a curtain that rises and falls to your will
Do you want us to stand beside you, and watch the show?
Or is this another journey you must take, alone?

3 comments:

BrownSugar said...

I'm finding that I don't like what I'm writing either, but I am trying to press on. Adhering to one topic would be very hard for me too.

Someone Said said...

It is hard enough just getting a new poem done in a day, let alone a theme. Louise said it was ok to keep going, and it would not disrupt the purity of the 30/30 if I abandoned the theme. She should know.

BrownSugar said...

I agree with Louise. The fact that you are writing everyday counts for something.