Friday, April 2, 2010

Broad and High to Wirthman's

My son's spring break has begun and I spent the day actually doing something instead of archiving outrage on my blog.

Took my son to the Statehouse. We were going to stop at the Museum Shop, but they were busy and the people I wanted to see were not there. My son gave me a tour though.



He really liked climbing up and down all the steps.



He also wondered where all the money went.



He had a busy day. Later, I went looking for a part for my car that vibrated off on I-70 one night. Been looking online and I saw it going for fifty bucks.



It's a bezel for the headlights. Was told where the Volvos were in the junkyard, brought my pliers and was wished luck. Found an '87 740 that still had an intact front end and pulled out the bezel. Score! No luck finding the rear windshield wiper arm though as all the wagons were totally stripped and gutted.



The junkyard is a sad and bleak looking place, I nearly got hit by a piece of plastic off a car being sent to the crusher. But there's something very cool about going back there and harvesting a part for your twenty two year old import.

2 comments:

s_baghaii said...

Once we had a technician go find us a seat from a car at a junkyard. He was excited by all the change he found under all the seats.

Someone Said said...

There is all kinds of stuff in some of these cars. I'd be comfortable going through them in a haz-mat suit.