Friday, December 24, 2010

That's Not My Blog Post!

I am now an owner of a 1993 Subaru Legacy Station Wagon. It looks like this, but a bit dingier.



It has low mileage, 133K. For a 17 year old car that averages out to about 8,000 miles a year. Has not been driven much. I've had the brake pads replaced and will have the exhaust fixed on Monday. The engine has more pep than expected.

My son joined me as I signed the paperwork, went to the exhaust repair shop for the sticker shock and got the oil changed. He behaved wonderfully.

Returned the rental, someone might need it. I was very impressed with the Hyundai Elantra. When I rented the Accent back in October, I was unimpressed with it because of it's highway boredom, small gas tank and poor gas economy.

The Elantra has a lot of zip, was very comfortable to be in. Wish I had it longer because it had a plug in for an iPod.

Also have to once again give props to the staff at Enterprise on West Broad Street. Very courteous people and they gave me a lift home.

My Scottish Wife suggested we go to an Indian restaurant. It's not my go to place, but she asks for so little in return for being so awesome I could not refuse.

After being seated sitting next to us were two servers from Zen Cha, a tea house my wife goes to (as do I, sometimes) so we had a nice talk with them too.

Then the server came up and said a co-worker told her that I was a "great poet" and that it was "An honor to serve me."

Recognition does happen, and it's humbling when it does. Unlike one poet, who told me she was recognized in a store dressing room, with her pants down - it's pretty cool when someone publicly gives you praise, outside of the venue.

Had a very good chicken curry. Got comped for nothing, not even naan. See what being a famous local poet gets you? Thought about putting a haiku on the receipt but did not.

Glad we decided to head to a friend's house for socializing instead of seeing a movie or not going out.

Played Apples to Apples Jr. and ended up being the winner. Yay me!

I'd never played Catch Phrase and have not laughed so hard in a long time. Had to take my glasses off because they were steaming. Trigger word - Doo Rag.

Today my son's coming over and will stay the night with us. He's at his mother's the rest of the weekend. I might get some last minute shopping in. Tonight we'll open his presents and have a quiet night with each other.

Life is good, Otis Redding is wishing me a White Christmas, and it looks like the snow is staying on the ground for the next few days.

May you Constant Readers have a Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, and a lovely holiday. Thank you all.

1 comment:

BrownSugar said...

Merry Christmas to you and the family Ed and congrats on the new wheels!

Sam Cooke is serenading me while I wrap gifts. ;-)