Sunday, May 8, 2011

Before I forget these

Two dreams.

In one I was in bed and turned on the iPod as I woke up. The headlines said something about William Shatner dying on set in Hawaii. He was filming something and he and a number of cast members were killed in some accident. I could not read it well because I did not have my glasses on.

In the other I was at work, but in a different building. The Main Library but not the Main library. For some reason I was working the floor, wearing my coat, not identifiable as an employee and I was approached by a customer with a complex question. I directed him toward the reference desk (gee, sounds familiar) and his response was some sort of insult (more familiarity!)

Later, I was working that desk with one of my coworkers, who is Muslim. We were approached by a customer whose first words to her were to try and covert her to Christianity. Her response was to call security about this guy who had traumatized her.

Then there was an announcement that I could not quite make out, but there was a cheer from people in the building as the main power suddenly went out. With emergency lighting on, my coworker and I raced down the stairs.

I think that's when I woke up.

No comments: