Monday, June 20, 2011

Just getting started

I've been seeing clips of a BBC show that aired last year on youtube. It's called The Trip and it stars Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon. They essentially play themselves while on a food reviewing trip through Northern England. The improvisational riffing is incredible. Both stars get to shine and you don't know what's real and what's part of the act. There's some genuine pathos going on amid all the sniping and lack of affection.

There were only six episodes aired and it's been edited together for a feature film which will be released later this year. I watched the first two episodes tonight and my wife and I were in hysterics. Great stuff. If you like impersonations, this show is for you.



That is the clip that made me want to see more. I bought the DVD from amazon.uk for just over ten bucks. While I was buying I figured something had to be added to make the overseas postage worthwhile.



I've never seen any of the Eccelston episodes and I'm excited. We watched the first one tonight and he's a fun doctor with some hints of sinister. Looking forward to the next twelve over the summer.

What I paid for this at amazon.uk is less that half what I would have paid if I went the domestic route, and it took less than a week to get here. I can be patient.

No comments: