Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Airports take you around the world

Five years ago today New York Yankee pitcher Cory Lidle crashed his plane into a New York City apartment building. There were tornado warnings in Columbus. The woman I just met at the airport for the first time and I watched this from a restaurant that burned down two months later. Early the next morning, our neighbor died.

Thus began the craziest year and a half of my life, and hers. Nothing was supposed to happen. but it did.

She called me a dick the other night. Her accent makes it sound so sexy.



When we first met, the Blue Jackets sucked. Some things never change.

6 comments:

Dujek said...

Seriously, 5 years ago?

Where does the time go?

Someone Said said...

I know. Some of it seems a distant memory and some of it still fresh.

Anonymous said...

Is that picture from back then?

My, time flies.

- nammu

Someone Said said...

No, that was from the Horseshoe in Glasgow last month :)

Yes, time is fast.

That gentleman's lady said...

I have a love-hate relationship with airports, and yes, how time flies!

Someone Said said...

I used to like flying, now it's a crap experience.

It's mid-October already. The heck?