Sunday, May 19, 2013

Eleven Poems and Done

My feature to help raise funds for the Writers' Block Poetry Slam Team went well yesterday. I'm out of shape on stage as well as off. Tired quickly, did one poem less than I could have.

For record keeping purposes, here's the set list.

If You Can't Say it in Three Minutes, You're Doing it Wrong
What the Guide Dog Smelled
Local Character, Fredonia, New York
Refrigerator, Refrigerator
Children in Cells
David's Rock
They're Looking in the Wrong Place
Jesus at the Wheel (just written in the morning, at my son's swimming lesson)
318 Feet From Home Plate
For My Son on His Tenth Birthday
The Real In-flight Announcement

Busy week ahead as Arts Fest approaches. My son has a medical procedure being done on Wednesday morning so I'll try not to shove a cream pie in anyone's face that day.

No comments: