Thursday, May 21, 2009

Busy with nothing to say

Plans are moving along. Arranging meetings.

Still, finding enough tables and chairs weighs heavy.

Went to WB for open mic and slam. I have to say Jory did one of the coolest things I've heard in a long time. He enlisted the help of a sax player and they did a call and response piece to some haiku. It was excellent.

There was also a poem read about a musician hoarder that made my speccy girlfriend cringe. Even I knew that one hit a bit close to home for her.

I did a polarizing 'Why Jackson Browne Sucks.' I think some in the audience had no idea who he is, which to me is a good thing.

Did not compete in the slam as I already had enough points to get in the Grand Slam.

Glad I did not. Judging was harsh, but consistent. I wore out my voice booing. Not many high scores last night. Congratulations to Patrick, who was a solid winner.

Not sure how prepped I'll be for next week as there is so much going on. I will be there though.

My son is soon to be losing teeth. His front lowers specifically. I could have pulled them out, but the sight of his blood makes me squeamish.

Finally heard back from Sherrod Brown about the immigration issue we had. Thanks, but she's already here!

No comments: