Monday, July 12, 2010

Cese Fabergas Changed the Complexion of the Match

Yesterday was my parents 39th wedding anniversary. Mom was in the hospital earlier this month so I'm happy she was home for it. The frustration continues, being so far away from them. Airfare is ridiculous right now, and for the foreseeable future.

Just did the math, had I stayed married the first time, the end of this month would have marked twenty five years. A tarnished hunk of silver for sure.

I was asked Friday what I'd do if my first wife showed up at the radio reunion in October. I honestly did not have a good answer. She's the one who tried to interfere in my second marriage. Called me a sociopath after lying to my face. She's very bitter. This is not the time for bon mots.

My son has been making improvement in the pool. He's been going underwater on his own. Swimming along, putting his head under, very cute. I'll post video when I get time to upload it.

Fun night of music and poetry on Saturday at a friend's place. They have a cool music room in their house. Piano and drums, people were playing some very pleasant blues. A bunch of us read a few poems. I ended up playing Words of Love to an empty room. Then we got home in time to watch Doctor Who. We follow on BBC America so we're still two weeks behind everyone who watches on the torrents.

The World Cup has ended. Kudos to South Africa for putting up a great event. No love for vuvuzelas and even less love for FIFA and some wretched officiating. Much love to Spain for finally winning the whole thing. I called it! Cese set up the goal!

EPL starts next month. Celtic are playing Man U. on Friday in Toronto. I should be going to a Crew game on Wednesday night. Good things are happening for my wife at her job. It's a busy life.

No comments: