Tuesday, July 20, 2010

That Darn Closure

Still thinking about Andyman's passing. My first wife was a disc jockey on his station for a brief time. Triggered me a bit with the question I was asked a couple of weeks ago. She made some very cruel posts about me on craigslist a few years back then accused me of spying on her when I called her on them.

I never did get an answer to my question. How is seeing posts made in a pubic message board, or a blog or website that is public and not password protected considered spying?

If you put material out there for the public to see you should be responsible and know who is going to be a part of the audience. It could be anyone. It often is someone you specifically do not want to see what you're ranting about. People do not like to be caught being jerkwads, or sticking their foot deeper and deeper into their mouths. I guess that's what makes them jerkwads. Lord knows I've stuck my keyboard up my ass too many times to mention.



Back to Andyman. Another time when he was the PA announcer for the OSU hockey games he announced a penalty on an opposing player as, "Two minutes for holding the steek."

You read the Facebook and Twitter tributes and you see the impact one person had on people in the city. It will be hard to replace someone who had the personality he had.

Now I'm getting word from wife2 that she does not want to keep the dog. There's nothing wrong with the dog, but she does not think she has the personality to be a fur-mother, or whatever term she used. Better to find out now than later I guess. Now she has to find a home for the sweet guy. Wonder if my son with notice the dog is gone? Something she should have thought through, like so many other schemes she has had, which I'm sure includes marrying me.

Maybe I won't be so damn angsty when the heat breaks, at this rate we're looking at October.

2 comments:

BrownSugar said...

I really wish she would have thought that through. Kids form attachments so quickly, I hope there are no setbacks because of her impulse buy.

Heat has the opposite effect on me. I feel alive and tingly when it's this hot, but I get the cranky thing.

Someone Said said...

Thanks T. I'm not sure what he thinks of the dog, he's not saying, but she really did not think it through.

I feel better today, and it does not have as much to do with taking the day off as you think :)