Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I Guess They Like the Water

It's not that I do not get along with my eastern neighbors, it's that so few tenants are around long enough to even say hello to. In nearly eight years of living here, few have ever lived there longer than three months. The latest tenants moved in last month, one of them frightening me with obesity, no shirt and a lower outfit that showed more than it covered.

They also installed one of those inflatable water slides and left the fan on for it 24/7. Over the past couple of days they have taken down a couple of small trees that border the property and put up what appears to be an 18' by 12' above ground oval pool. Also embedded in the ground are several tiki type torches. May they live there long enough to enjoy them this summer.

In other news my ex adopted a dog from the city shelter. He's a three year old beagle who, when I met, seemed quite friendly and curious - or maybe he was happy to see anyone after being let out of jail. She got him as a companion for our son, and I honestly hope my son and the dog can bond. I've read about therapy dogs and autistic children and it can really improve everyone's quality of life. The real thing is a bit expensive so I'm hoping she made the right choice in dog temperament. I'm optimistic. They meet for the first extended visit after camp today.

2 comments:

BrownSugar said...

Oh I hope he likes the beagle. I've heard they are fairly even-tempered dogs. That would be so awesome!

Someone Said said...

I'd be thrilled if they connected. The dog seems rather even tempered and my son honestly has been a bit calmer lately.