Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hey, it's the First of July

It was an eleven person slam last night at Writers’ Block. I drew third and presented a new rant. Not sure if an inferior poem did not go over well, or if I did not have the lungs to present it. Maybe it was a combination of both as I placed ninth in the round.

Scores were low, which I always like so as the second round scores were coming in low I thought I could sneak up and maybe snatch third place. Did My Thunder, which went over very well, just enough to miss third place by two tenths of a point. Not a bad climb, but no points. A fun night overall. No one is really blowing me away right now though, and I include myself in this criticism. A lot of tired and distracted poets, busy too. Being sick is no excuse, really, but I’ve lacked the lungpower to get it right the past couple of weeks.

The social schedule kicks in next weekend. Squeeze and Cheap Trick are next Friday, parties on the weekend. More activities will come as the month progresses.

Google analytics is a rather fascinating way of finding out who is looking in here, and for how long.

Been lax on posting pictures lately, perhaps there will be an update this weekend. Depends on how busy the boy wants to be. Really have to get some rest between World Cup matches (Go Spain!) and swimming. The heat is supposed to increase again.

No comments: