Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Writers Block

So I'm stealing this from another blog.

The All Songs Considered podcast recently asked it's listeners to create a dream music festival line-up of ten artists and/or bands, active or defunct, living or dead, that might get to out of the comfort of your living room and into the mud of a make-shift campsite. Here's mine, starting with the opener and ending with the headliner:

Since The Beatles in 1961 were not a festival band!

Let me try this in order too, and I will forget at least ten other bands before the next hour is done. I'm appalled at my lack of women on this list.

Belle and Sebastian
Arcade Fire
Wilco
Talking Heads
Lucinda Williams
The Clash
Creedence Clearwater Revival (ca. 1969)
Otis Redding
The Who (ca. 1971)
The Jimi Hendrix Experience

I've seen seven of these bands. I'm counting John Fogerty for CCR and The Who in 1982, despite the lack of Keith Moon. Weird, I saw the Who and The Clash at the same show in Buffalo.

Jimi Hendrix opens for no one, not even The Monkees.

If this list went to eleven I'd add Queen to the line-up.

No comments: