Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Cereal Bowl Does Not Go in the Trash

There have been a lot of weird things in the alley behind my house in the seven years I've lived here. Tires multiplying, women crying at 4AM, a guy in a sombrero with a shopping cart who regularly picks though the trash bins, a bike in our parking space...

On Sunday there was a basketball left behind our trash bin. I gave it the twenty four hour rule. On Monday it was still there, so I tossed it in the yard.

When his mother dropped him off after OT yesterday afternoon, my son noticed the ball right away. He started rolling it around, but then he passed it.



It was an impressive effort. He used both hands, threw the ball forward towards me. I got him to say the words up, daddy, and throw.



Every day is different. He fell asleep at 10:30, woke up at 3AM and would not stop singing, humming, using silly speech until about 6:15 - when he finally fell asleep. He was not happy when I woke him an hour later to get ready for school.

Oh yes, he's going, and I'm off to work on this rainy Tuesday.

2 comments:

BrownSugar said...

Look at that smile! He's getting so big.

Someone Said said...

He's huge. Still too darn thin though.