Monday, May 17, 2010

It's in the Trees, They're Coming!



A busy weekend of cleaning, throwing crap out, and eating. My wife stained some furniture while I goofed off and tossed crap out of the dusty basement. We got a lot accomplished. Minor things upstairs were shifted around, media was consolidated.



We went up to Highbanks park for a lovely walk among the trees and animals. I'd never been to the observation deck that overlooks the Olentangy River. It's pretty spectacular. There are nesting bald eagles that people come specifically to view. One of the spotters generously showed us some pictures he had taken. His camera lenses came to about a foot in length. He got some cool close ups. About ten minutes after we arrived, three bald eagles flew about fifty feet over our heads. It was quite the surprise. They're huge and magnificent. You do not realize how big they are by seeing them perched in a zoo.



Hit up a taco truck for dinner last night. It was her first time at one. We had a bit of a language problem. No carne also means no chicken. Then the person taking my order thought I said no beans when I said no meat. We got it right. The odd thing was when I went to pay and was charged a nearly insulting amount of money for the food (and it was excellent) we had just eaten. I was also given one of the dinners that she did not eat, along with two extra pieces of chicken. I left a massive tip and have no problems going back there. Maybe this weekend.

6 comments:

BrownSugar said...

Ooh! Which truck did you visit?
http://tacotruckscolumbus.com/ist-of-taco-trucks/

Scott and I were just talking about the one near us at Allegheny & James.

Someone Said said...

Los Potosinos! Highly recommended. The chicken plate is delicious.

Have you been to any on the east side?

BrownSugar said...

Not yet. I see there are two right by the airport. I plan to swing by on my way home this week to check them out. I would love an authentic Taco Al Pastor!

Someone Said said...

I think Joel went to one of those and wrote a poem about it!

I'd go to Los Potosinos before WB but they're closed on Miercoles.

BrownSugar said...

I really want to try El Tacorriendo but there are no hours of operation listed, so it's going to be hit or miss.

Someone Said said...

http://tacotruckscolumbus.com/2009/03/09/el-tacorriendo/

That one looks impressive. Been there for six years! I'd guess if you went during dining hours you'd catch them open.