Thursday, May 20, 2010

Resting My Pitching Shoulder

Catch phrases from last night Writers' Block: Negroberries, Paula No No, Trouser Mirages, A Paramedic Feature, time penalties, shower, a poet telling another poet to sit down, teachable moments with Hall & Oates, Jesus - wrapped in bacon.

Somewhere in there was the dynamite feature of Simone Beaubien. She will also be doing a First Draft feature at Kafe Kerouac this Friday night.

It was a full house that saw the last preliminary round for team contention in the National Poetry Slam. The Grand Slam is Wednesday night, also at Kafe Kerouac. I did not slam last night since I'm already it. Been a bit scattered and out of poetic focus last couple of weeks. Nothing to worry about, I'll be ready next week. Assembling weaponry now.

I am a bit miffed the CD player in my car is dying, if not already dead. Had it for about five years and it's been in two cars. I can say that it has been very well used over that time.

Had another one of those wish fulfillment dreams in which my son went to sleep and woke up able to speak.

No comments: