Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mr. Misery Guts

The more I distance myself between now and my last job is a distance between a lot of anger and bitterness. It was not working there for me, the customers, coworkers, anyone. Have to say for at least half the time I was there I was absolutely miserable. Looking back on the old journal entries from 4-6 years ago shows me as a total wreck. Trapped, losing control that may have not really been there in the first place.



Don't want to imagine what it was like to see me then, could not have been a pleasant sight. Stuck, not promotable for good reason, and unable to get out of there for three years. My escape was best for everyone. I am happier now. Much happier.

Sleep, however, continues to remain elusive.

8 comments:

BrownSugar said...

We all have those miserable periods. I'm trying my best to escape from one now. That you made the changes needed are what matters most. Good on you!

Take one of Tyrone's Bikram yoga classes. If that doesn't make you sleep like a baby, nothing will.

Someone Said said...

You and my wife with the damn yoga ;)

The misery passes, but when you're hair deep in it you do not think you will ever get out.

Zig said...

Still, that's a good picture of you.

BrownSugar said...

Why do you hate inner peace Ed?

Someone Said said...

Ha Zig!

It's from that era, circa 2005.

Someone Said said...

If I had inner peace I would not be able to write ;)

As Kirk said in Star Trek V, I need my pain!

BrownSugar said...

Ah! Fresh pain. ;-)

Someone Said said...

Precisely. The new pain also helps mine the old.