Sunday, May 30, 2010

One in the Books



Today is the wedding anniversary of the Scottish Wife and I. Year number one has been completed. It was a beautiful day then, much like today is but about fifteen degrees cooler.

Last night we took advantage of our free room at The Lofts after last year's unfortunate experience. They made up for it. Unfortunately, I've been ill the past couple of days so I pooped out early. I did manage to brave The Burgundy Room, where we had a front row seat for the Zombie Walk.

I hate zombies, and the sight of several hundred people walking up and down High Street dressed as zombies, well - there's not that much difference between last night and a normal night. I guess I'm getting tolerant in my old age.

The room was nice, I paid twenty bucks to upgrade to a regular room with a sitting area, which had a High-Def television and a couch. At about 1:30 this morning this came in handy as the illness and insomnia took hold so I ended up watching Sports Center and lord knows what else until 3AM.

Part of the amenities package we received for our trouble was a bottle of champagne in our suite. The person at the desk asked when we wanted to have it delivered. I was curious what we'd get, would it be the cheap stuff, or something better? When we got back it was there. A bottle of Moet Imperial, what a surprise! After drinking a ridiculously tasty and expensive cocktail at Eleven we could not drink anymore. So it is in the fridge here, waiting to be popped open later.

2 comments:

PurestGreen said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a nice time, zombies and all.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! My, time flies...

nammu