Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Mike Needed a Shot of Penicillin

After waiting for the bus yesterday morning I ended up driving my son to school.

When I drove by the school close to us, I noticed there were only a couple of cars in the marking lot. Suspicion grew. When I drove by the next school and it was shuttered like a Circuit City I realized that there was no school.

Got home and had a kid upset that his routine was messed up. After he calmed down there was a bruise on the blow when the Emergency Broadcast System ran a test on television. My son is terrified of the noise it makes and he quickly sprinted upstairs when it started.

When I got to his room, he was lying, prone, on his bed. Poor guy.

This is one of the many reasons I'm trying to seek treatment for him. He does not sense, or process the world around him normally. The way he sees the world is not giving him a good quality of life.

I had a consultation with a doctor about this planned for yesterday, which I had to bring him to. First read about it here.It's an alternative therapy, a bit hippy dippy in some of its methods but there's no pain, drugs, chelation or adverse treatments involved - so why not?

And my kid looks cute as Buddy Holly.



There are times when I do not think he looks like me. Not there.

Just another night at Writers' Block last night. Music stand knocked over. Tabasco
sauce/ass/Kentucky Fried Chicken. STD's. Spirituals. Cotton picking. A Virgin. God cubed. Ken Nordine. Low power laptop. Women killing. Spark plug with a white tip. Shady publishing deals.

We were named as a great place for a first date by Columbus Monthly magazine. When poems like the above are mentioned, that makes us even more special. I had a new one which came about when a Chicago poet put out a Facebook note about wanting to train a couple of poets to be successful in slam. I admire the intent of the poet, who I do not know. But the way it came across creeped me out, in a Marv Marinovich way. So there was a minor blow up on another poet's Facebook page and drama ensued.

Hey, I got a sweet four minute poem out of it that killed last night. So thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about Marv, so thanks for the pointer.

The vision training -- i'm currently of the opinion that medical practice is difficult to connect to medical science. The human organism is so damn complicated and people turning to medical (and other) practices don't cares= about the statistical spread: they cares about what it means for a particular human organism. At which point, it's a lottery.

Someone Said said...

It's a lottery, crap shoot. One big gamble that's being taken.

Anonymous said...

Love that shot of N.

- nammu