Monday, April 18, 2011

You Better Look Out for Love

Day 19 - A Song from your favorite album

I said no repeats so Rubber Soul is out.

Next up, something a bit more recent. A record that got my ears back. It was recommended by someone who is no longer speaking to me. Got my copy from the library, it had not hit big yet so there was little wait for it.

Thirty seconds into the first song I knew I was going to love this band.

"Then we tried to name our babies,
but we forgot all the names that,
the names we used to know."

And the music was bombastic, anthems pouring out of grief. Damn near every song is from the heart. Creme brulees of sadness. So damn beautiful.

And this song. Jesus God I love this song - with its easy sing along chorus right up to the B. Bumble and the Stingers showing up at the end. It's not perfect, but it fit me at the time, and still hits me. Hard.



Arcade Fire - Wake Up, from the Funeral album.

No comments: